Monday, January 21, 2008

Another Gorgeous Day At The Beach... Did we miss a season?

Thursday, January 17th, 2008 - Pacific City

Yesterday was cold and rainy again, so we spent the day at the Tanzer Outlet Mall in Lincoln City. Deb founds some cute clothes and I found some goodies in Le Gourmet Chef and the Tool Outlet!

Today, it is sunny and clear again... even better than Tuesday because there is no wind!

We decided to go back down to Pacific City. We parked the Mini at Bob Straub (remember him) state park and headed out onto the beach. Deb wore a coat and I just wore my long-sleeved shirt... I was perfectly comfortable all day... it was like a day in September!

We took some more photos of Haystack Rock...

Deb is coming back from a little excursion to read the sign... you can drive on this beach south of this sign... we decided we would not take the Mini out because the sand was too soft getting down to the hard-packed beach... but we sure wanted to... kind of reminded us of our drive on the Bonneville Speedway!


Another shot looking north on a very pretty day!

I was wishing I could get this beautiful maple burl home... it would make a great table or something!

Once again, Deb has managed to shrink Haystack Rock... I don't know how she does that!

As we walked south along the beach, we met a foreign exchange student from the Czech Republic... he decided he wanted to come to the beach (he lives in Yakima, Wa.) and do a little surfing... I took a few photos of him and will be sending them to him so he can impress the girls back home!

He had to be cold without the complete wetsuit!


On the way back to the car Deb decided to "moon" me... she placed this nice full moon in the sky for me as we were leaving!

As we drove through Neskowin, we spotted this beatiful beaver pond along Highway 101... the reflections were awesome...

The source of the display...

After a great steak dinner at a local place, we retired for the night.


No comments: