Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 39 - You Might Be In Montana When...

Friday, 30 September

 They sell ammo at the gas station minute mart...

 There are stuffed pheasant on top of the Coke machine...

And you feel right at home!

Today was a long driving day... over 13 hours start to finish...  We left Minnesota...
And entered North Dakota at Fargo...

 A little ways down Highway 94, we passed through Jamestown, which is where my "brother" Bob is from...

Is this how you became "Uncle Bob"?

 Probably the most interesting thing that we saw in ND (sad isn't it), is this gianormous Holstein up on this hill... this is not an optical illusion... it was huge!

 Somewhere on I-94 we turned over 100,000 miles on "Lil" (over 40k on road trips)...

 The painted canyons in Teddy Roosevelt Park were beautiful...

 Now you know where it is...

 We entered Montana a little while before dark... and we had a long way to go to get to Lewistown for the night...  From the time we left Circle, MT until we drove into Lewistown 200 miles later, we passed over 30 deer, two mice, and a badger on the side of the highway... Deb was terrified the whole trip after dark... I never drove faster than 50 MPH even though the speed limit was 70 MPH... but every pickup truck that passed me was doing at least 80 MPH... I guess they don't worry about hitting a deer!

 I can't remember when I was so happy to see a road sign...

What thing in this photo doesn't belong?  I think ours was the only rig that wasn't a mondo truck... I was wishing I had a big belt buckle and a cowboy shirt right about now...

No comments: