Saturday, September 8, 2007

Day 11 and 12: "Be still and know that I am God..."

























































































In the end, we saw Elk, Deer, Pronghorn, Coyote,Buffalo, and our two favorites, a juvenile Osprey (we watched the nest for two hours and got to observe her flying away from the nest) and as we were leaving the park last night we found the Grizzly Bear... it was awesome to be so close to this magnificent animal... I have to admit there was a little pucker factor!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you able to recall anything about our visit there when you were just a young boy? HAD TO get you home for scheduled surgery on your arm. Enjoyed Stake Conference this weekend. Dahling (spelling?) asked about you. No one sat in your seats in the front row! We were going to but Dorothy said she could not see over the wall on the podium and it made her neck stiff to keep looking up. Looking forward to your posting today. I know you must have got some great photos in Yellowstone.
Dad

Anonymous said...

NIce photos. I know the feeling you expressed about the bear. Until you are close-up, like several feet, you can't really appreciate the size of them and huge paws and claws they possess.
Seeing that big, fat elk gives me heartburn. I still see that one that got away at Heppner. Interesting that you met the former music teacher of KUHS. Like I told you, I never got to go there. We moved to the logging camp out of Canby California and I started high school at Modoc HighSchool in Alturas, California. Then we moved to Eureka where I graduated in June 1951.
You are looking good! Glad you have this Blog site to keep us informed of your whereabouts and happenings. Stake Conference was missionary oriented with an emphasis on the need for couple missionaries. Had some good talks. Enjoyed having Dorothy with me for a change. Keep the photos coming! Love you both. Take care and drive careful.
DAD

heidizinha said...

that picture of you two is so great!