Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 29: Shampoo and a good "waxing"!

On a serious note, we were sorry to hear that Grace Brown passed away... I know she was ready and wanted to go, but we will miss her. I have known her since I was a small boy and she was always so kind to me.

I am also sorry to hear that Loella Checketts has passed also. I know this is going to be really difficult for her husband... he was so dedicated to her. She was the librarian when Deb and I were in High School... that was a long while ago so she had a long life.




On a lighter note, we spent our last full day in Mapleton helping Jen and Brandyn with the house. I shampooed carpets while Deb and Jen hung pictures and arranged stuff.




The carpets turned out nice and everything looked real nice. Brandyn was very surprised and very pleased when he finally saw it after the softball game last night.




Brandyn and Jen had a double-header softball game last night. They got "waxed" in both of them... I think the mercy rule was applied in both games.




Brandyn tagged one... and made it home but his run did not count becuase he stepped on home plate, which is against the rules in this game...




Jen tagged one for a base hit but was retired on base...




The missionaries stopped by to bless the game... just kidding... but it would have helped.




Hyrum practiced his umpire "dusting" skills after the game...




Speaking of Hyrum, he would not go to bed... he kept sneaking out...




Busted!




Today, Deb and I are going to move on down the road. We are going to Sibley and Woolington to visit the Court House so Deb can research some more family history.

Then we are going to Nauvoo for a day or so then on to Belville, IL to visit with Frank and Kathy. I am not sure what we will have for internet access until then so there may be some blogging to catch up on.

Love you guys. Later.

No comments: