Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 16 - Dead People, Formaldehyde, and "My Zoomie Zoomie Thingy Is Not Zooming, Dang It!"

August 5th, Springfield, Ohio


Today, Debra started the morning researching her ancestors in the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library...


In the meantime, I visited the Illinois Military Museum (which was closed) but I was able to photograph the static display outside the museum...



Then I went to the Abraham Lincoln Tomb, a very sacred place...


This is the temporary receiving vault where his body was placed for two months until being moved to a temporary tomb for seven years (while the final tomb was being constructed).


Then I visited one of the most bizarre museums I have ever seen... The Museum Of Funeral Customs... The first exhibit was this 1928ish embalming room... creepy!


This is a replica of President Lincoln's coffin.


When Deb was done, we drove by the Edwards Place on the way out of town... it is now an art
Today I am introducing a new blog feature - Quote Of The Day

While Deb was attempting to take a photo of this arch as we entered Ohio, the lens shade on her camera was reversed so that she could not reach the zoom ring... in a panic (as the arch approached at 65 mph) she screamed, "My zoomie, zoomie thingy won't zoom, dang it!"

Man, I love that girl!

No comments: