Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 20 - Lady Liberty

Saturday August 9th, Jersey City
Today we drove through upstate New York...
which is very beautiful this time of year...

...through Pennsylvania...

...past Portland, which is next to Buttzville (what is it with Portlands?)...


...into New Jersey...
...finally reaching our goal, Lady Liberty! This was no small feat because the park was closed due to a festival (Radiohead was playing), and I had to sweet talk a lady cop to let me go around a closed gate "just to get a photo"... she let me go but said she would deny ever talking to me if I got caught... I didn't!

She is bigger than Deb makes her look!

The most beautiful flag in the world!

It was nice to finally see NY even if it was from a long way away!

Tonight we stayed with Amy and Scott Jorgenson (Heidi's sister) just outside Philadelphia.

No comments: