Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 27 - Day of Rest... Sort of...

Sunday, 18 September

We got up at 0615 and left the house by 0715 to get to church by 0900 (we lose an hour on the way).  After church, Deb worked with the boys to open some geodes that she got for them... two of the geodes had crystal pockets and one was a thunderegg.  During the process, Kaleb got the camera and had a little fun... I don't think he has ever met a camera that he didn't like. 

After the geodes, Deb helped them build their "Raingutter Regata" boats for Cub Scouts... What was I doing, you ask?  I took a trip by myself back to the Coke Oven Museum, which was open today.  I spent three hours listening to the curator, Carson Camp, tell me the local history... I found out what the name of the mine is that is on the property here... well, actually the incline railroad ran through the property on the way up the face of the bluff to the Whitco Coal Mine.  I found the mine located on an old TOPO map as well as Brandyn's property... I am anxious to tell him what I found tomorrow when they get home.

Deb is in bed... she will sleep well knowing that this was the last night to "entertain" the grandsons... they have been great, but it is time to move on again... we have much to do yet before we get home.

Photographic proof:























No comments: