Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 33 - Combines and Sunsets

Saturday, 24 September

We left Kathy and Frank's this morning and started towards Valparaiso, Indiana to see my 91-year-old Great Aunt and Uncle Ruby and Darrel.  Ruby is my grandmother Edwards only sister and she is the only one that is still living from my grandmother's family.  I have never met her and I am anxious to talk to her tomorrow.

As we travelled through Illinois and into Indiana, using only backroads (NO FREEWAYS - BORING), we finally got to see farmers combining their corn and soybean fields... Deb was so excited.  We also saw some awesome barns and then this evening a beautiful sunset.  As we left Gays, IL, we found the site of a two story outhouse built in 1872... hmmm...

Photographic evidence:














No comments: