Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day 45 - Take us back to "Home On The Range"

Thursday, 06 October

We are back where we started 41 days and 7500 miles ago... Springville, Utah.  We just pulled into Joy's about 30 minutes ago and I am still recovering from the drive down I-15... The worst section of road we have driven in our entire journey was in the last 45 minutes between Lehi and Springville... ARE THEY EVER GOING TO BE DONE REBUILDING THE FREEWAYS HERE?  I was forced off onto exits twice, almost ran over by speeding drivers countless times, and forced to switch sides of the freeway three times in that distance!

We left Montana this morning, which was very hard to do... we loved it there (I want to go back)...
 This is what we had to leave... It is so majestic...

 We stopped in Bozeman for lunch... we saw a place called Sloppy Dawg and thought we would check it out... J Dawg has nothing to worry about!  This place was so expensive and did not hold a candle to our favorite Dawg place!

 Bozeman is an artsy fartsy college town...
 When we reached the border, the temperature dropped to 31 degrees and the snow was coming down hard...


It snowed all the way to the Utah border, where it changed to intermittent rain... We will miss the slow pace of life that we have enjoyed for the last month, but it is so good to be back with our kids and grandkids.  Tomorrow I am going to help Jayson tune the engine on the 53 Chev, something I used to love to do and I am looking forward to it.  For now, I am going to relax and try to go to sleep!

No comments: