Thursday, October 20, 2011

Like hitting a concrete wall at 80 mph!

Before I begin, I want to say happy "12th" birthday to our son Brandyn... it was on this day in 1999 that he had the terrible crash that almost claimed his life... we are so glad you are here Brandyn and we are proud of you and what you have accomplished since that tragic day!

Wednesday, 19 October

Wow.  Coming back to reality is tough...  The pile of mail was incredible (thanks Cindy), and getting used to our own house was kind of weird.  I went to Chang's with Tyler and dad today... then I spent some time visiting with mom and dad... Jack and Ty came too.  Jack still is warming back up... when he came over to our house for a few minutes today, it seemed to stimulate his memories... I think grandma is OK now.  I had to spend some time on the phone today straightening out some insurance issues... really Safeco... you think it would take $515K to rebuild my house on the same piece of ground!!!  Tonight I spent a couple hours looking through a large box of old photos that my dad had... it is awesome now that I know who these folks are!

Well, speaking of people and names, we promised you a fun blog tonight... during our road trip, we started taking photos of signs, buildings, and structures that had names that matched, (or were close enough to a match), to family members and our special friends... we could not find everyone, so if your name is not here, it is not because we don't love you!  We will try it again on the next trip.  This turned out to be quite fun.

Good Luck...













Something ironic about this...

 











My sister's name...





 Close enough...










 A little gratuitous...

Watch out Jessi... he has been watching you...

There you have it... see how much fun you can have on a road trip if you really try!  We love all of you and we can't wait to hit the road again as the Excellent Adventure continues to unfold!

Scotty and Deb

1 comment:

plumbing supplies said...

Concrete wall are durable, it is preferable in countries which are prone to earthquake.