Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 55 - Last full day in Utah.. Going home tomorrow...

Sunday, 16 October

Deb went to church with the kids this morning, while Haylee and I stayed home because we were feeling a little under the weather.  We listened to one of the Saturday sessions of General conference that I needed to catch up on.

After church, Grandma Deb and Haylee went for a walk so Haylee could take some photos of flowers for a project she is working on for school...



I think she did very well for a first grader!


While they were gone, I got some one-on-one with my grandson Oliver.  He is an awesome little guy (OK not so little), and it is going to be tough leaving him and our other grandkids that we have had so much fun with! 

Brandyn called again today from the US National Cemetery in Normandy, France.  We talked for quite awhile about the experience he was having.  We decided that we were going to go back over there together next year.  I will look forward to that very much.

Deb and I are leaving for home in the morning.  We are not sure yet which route we are going to take or whether we will take one or two days to make the trip.  We will decide in the morning after reviewing the weather conditions for all the options... I should not have washed the car yesterday... someday I will learn! 

We are really looking forward to seeing our Oregon family and friends again, but will miss everyone here and in Tennessee so much... it has been a fantastic journey.

No comments: