Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 67: Cougars and Goodbyes...

Greetings from Lehi, Utah...

Today I went to the BYU v.s. CSU football game with my old friend Larry Johnson. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I had to borrow a photo from BYU...

Fullback Joe Semanoff stretches out for a fourth-quarter touchdown that helped seal the Cougars' 35-16 victory over Colorado State on Saturday. (BYU Photo/Jaren Wilkey)




It was a fantastic day for a football game... Sunny and warm and 64,000 screaming fans!




Joy and Heidi sold J Dawgs before the game and did well today. After the game, Larry and I went to the shack to get a dawg and the shack was slammed... people were lined up around the corner for a J Dawg... Jayson kept the shack open for an extra 45 minutes to fill the need.

Meanwhile, I went back to Ryan and Teresa's to prepare a big meal for everyone tonight.

Debra went to SLC with Joy and Heidi while I was at the game and did some Family History research... she had some great success finding the birth record of her great-great-great-great-grandfather Zimmerman and information on his mother and father as well... she has been searching for this information a looooong time!


Back at the ranch, I made grilled ribs slathered in "special sauce", and Teresa filled in the gaps with baked potatoes, salad, and french bread! It was a great meal and everyone was here.

After dinner we played games and then Jayson decided to entertain us by showing us how big of mouth he has by stuffing a very large ball completely in it...




I tried and could not even get it past my teeth... I think Jayson can unhinge his jaw...
Even Haylee tried...









Grandpa played a tune or two on Haylee's harmonica and Mae climbed up on my lap and enjoyed every note!




Finally, we called it a night and we said goodbye to everyone because we are leaving for home tomorrow right after church... I need to be home for a meeting on Tuesday... Oh man, back to the real world!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott and Debby,

So very nice to see you again!

Thank you for the BYU Football game invite. Great time.

Have a safe trip home and keep us posted.

Larry Johnson

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe that Jayson can get that entire ball into his mouth. Good way to choke? Enjoyed the photos you sent. Great trip you have had, A lifetime of memories you won't soon forget.
People at church have been asking about you, when are they coming home, etc. Your fanclub evidently misses you. We do. You should be here late tonight. Our prayers are with you and for your safe travel. we love you.
Dad and Mom

heidizinha said...

We want to see more!!!!

Kris and Kally said...

I miss you all! Wish I could have seen you on your trip...sob