Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 51 - CHARGE it at Penny's!

Wednesday, 12 October

J Dawg had to fly to denver this morning to negotiate some business and Heidi had a hair appointment so Deb went over to the grandkids house and enjoyed some time with them.  I drove to Orem to pick up a critical part that I needed to repair the generator on the '53 Chev...

After picking up the part, I took the generator to Jayson's and proceeded to put the part into the generator, which proved to be harder than I anticipated... If it had not been for Mae helping me by holding the flashlight, I could not have ever got it done!  (Move over Tyler... she is a great flashlight holder).

Later deb helped me to get the generator back in the truck and polarize it.  When I started the truck, the voltage meter pegged the charging zone... Success!  Now all that needs to be done is the radiator repair and the gas tank swap and J Dawg has a sweet ride.

Jayson flew home tonight and we all watched as Mae opened her birthday present from us (we are not going to be here).  We also watched Penny try on her Halloween costume... she is going to be Captain Hook and she was adorable.

We all watched the season premier of Psych and then we said our goodbyes because we will not see them again before we leave on Monday.  We are moving to Lehi tomorrow night to spend some time with our other grandkids, Haylee and Oliver before we leave on Monday to return home and complete our 2011 road trip.

Today's highlights:













No comments: